My problem is that we all too often need a ride to our library of choice and it's just too difficult to get there. Sometimes there's no parking, sometimes the weather is awful, and sometimes it's just too darn cold. My solution is that we offer a monthly fee for rides to the library that you can use as many or as few times a month as you want. The name of my service is Lib Rides.
Hey William, lib rides sounds like an awesome idea. I can’t tell you how many times I have experienced the problem you are talking about in your elevator pitch. I’m interested to learn how your model would work. I’m having trouble understanding how this is much different that a ride sharing or taxi service. Great thinking though. I hope your idea comes to life.
ReplyDeleteHi William, I really do love this idea. Because I do not have a scooter, I find myself staying in my apartment (an environment that is not good for studying) because I am too lazy to endure the cold, heat or humidity that Gainesville is known for. Your elevator pitch is projected very nicely. I too, see conflicts with taxi or uber services in this regard as well. My advice to you is to offer different monthly fees, sort of like Study Edge. Some individuals have majors in which they are constantly doing work and in the library, but others may be in a major that does not require as much. Overall, your idea has a lot of potential.
ReplyDeleteIf interested, you can check mine out here:
http://emmaleeamay.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html
Keep up the good work!
Emmalee